So I have a confession to make.
I have a serious weakness for cookie dough.
The REAL kind. The kind that is not so good to be chowing down on all the time. The one full of white flour, sugar, chocolate and butter. You know the kind.
Over the years I’ve tried all kinds of healthier versions, always searching for something close to the real thing. This recipe for healthy chocolate chip cookie dough balls is the combination of all the best recipes I’ve tried so far. It’s the one I’m happiest with. I’m not so sure I could get any closer without crossing back over into more of an indulgent treat.
Use this recipe for when you really want something naughty but that is secretly not-so-naughty. You won’t regret it.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place cashews and oats into a food processor and pulse until a fine meal forms
- Add in maple syrup, salt, vanilla and tahini and process until combined and a dough-like texture begins to form
- Add chocolate chips and pulse until just combined
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into balls. Place on baking paper and place into fridge for half an hour to set.
- Store in fridge in a sealed container for up to a week or freeze so you always have some on hand
- Mixture can easily be doubled to make a larger batch for freezing